The annual amount of tuition fees paid to École Polytechnique for enrolment in the Master of Science and Technology degree program is determined by Éric Labaye, President of École Polytechnique Board of Directors, for each of the relevant training programs, as specified below, for students enrolled in the 2022-2023 academic year.
|Training program||Acronym||Tuition fees||Reductions in the following cases|
|Internet of Things: Innovation|
|IoT||€13,000 annually||15% reduction for students from South Chinese University of Technology (SCUT)|
|Energy Environment: Science|
Technology & Management
> €10,000 annually for students with a scholarship from a partner company
> €11,000 annually for students with a scholarship from a new partner company
> €4,000 annually for European students and €8,000 annually for non-European students in the case of RENE agreements
> €8,000 annually for Moroccan students, (IRESEN funding). This applies to students from ENSMR, EHTP, EMI, ENSEM. Partial waiving of tuition fees and a scholarship may be granted on a case-by-case basis and not systematically, in accordance with the agreement between École Polytechnique and IRESEN
> €6,000 annually for students from Zhejiang University and Tsinghua University (China). This does not apply to students receiving a scholarship from a partner company.
|Economics, Data Analytics &|
|Economics for Smart Cities &|
|Environmental Engineering &|
|Data Science for Business||DSB|
> €21,750 for external international students, at l’X (M1)
> €21,750 for HEC students, at l’X (M1)
> €20,800 for l’X students, at HEC (M2)
> €20,800 for external international students, at HEC (M2)
|Cybersecurity: Threats and|
> €13,000 for students from IPParis
> €16,200 for students fromoutside IP Paris
|15% reduction for students from South Chinese University of|
|Artificial Intelligence &|
Advanced Visual Computing
> €13,000 for students from IP Paris
> €16,200 for students from outside IP Paris
- French students in the École Polytechnique engineering cycle for their third year of studies are exempt from the first half of the tuition fees.
- Foreign students must pay these fees in accordance with the tuition fees established for the year of their program. The second half of the fees, associated with the second year of the program, must be paid to HEC for their fourth year of training in the partner institution.
STEEM, EESM, ESCLIP, EDACF:
These programs are open to French and foreign students in the fourth year of École Polytechnique engineering cycle. Tuition fees are waived for French students.
Foreign students must pay tuition fees of €10,000.
CDT and AI-ViC:
These programs are open to French and foreign students in the third and fourth year of the École Polytechnique engineering cycle. Tuition fees are waived for French students. Foreign students must pay tuition fees of €12,500.
This program is not open to French or foreign students in the École Polytechnique engineering cycle.
The application fee is €90. It is non-refundable.
The application fee is waived for students enrolled in an École Polytechnique cycle, incluincluding for the Data Science for Business (DSB) program for which applications are handled by HEC.
Students are required to make two advance payments1 of €1,500 each towards the tuition fees no later than 15 July 2022, in accordance with the information and schedule provided at the time of their admission to the program.
The advance payments may only be refunded, before the start of the academic year, in the followingcases:
- serious medical reasons justifying the student’s inability to participate in the program, in which case an official medical certificate issued by a physician is required;
- if the School cancels the student’s administrative enrolment because the student fails to satisfy the conditions specified in the acceptance letter.
Advance payments may not be refunded for any reason after the start of the academic year.
Students are required to pay tuition fees (in compliance with payment schedules) by the date and means of payment established by the School’s Accounting Department at the start of the program.
Failure to pay the tuition fees or comply with the payment schedule by the dates specified will result in the temporary deletion of the student’s email address and will block access to digital platforms for academic documents (Moodle, Pégase, SynapseS).
Tuition fees must be paid before the end of the current academic year; failure to pay by this date shall prevent progression to the second year of the program or graduation.
The tuition fees for the current academic year may only be refunded if a student withdraws from the program for serious medical reasons that justify the student’s inability to participate in the program. An official certificate issued by a physician is required.
The withdrawal shall be taken into account on the date that this medical certificate is received.
The refund shall then be made within the following limits and conditions:
- refund of 50% of tuition fees actually paid, excluding advance payments, as of the date of receipt of the withdrawal, if it occurs before 31 December of the academic year;
- refund of 30% of tuition fees, excluding advance payments, as of the date of receipt of the withdrawal, if it occurs between 1st January and 1st March of the academic year;
- no refund shall be made if the withdrawal date falls after 1st March.
Any refund requests following withdrawal for specific reasons other than medical reasons shall be referred to the President of École Polytechnique.