The Program is open to both graduate and undergraduate students from partner institutions of École Polytechnique.
If you are unsure whether your institution is a partner of the Internship Program or you do not know the name of the contact person at your institution, please contact email@example.com.
We accept students enrolled in:
- Bachelor's - 3rd or 4th year
The Program is managed by the International Affairs Office in collaboration with the Vice-Presidency for Research.
Applications may be made using the online application platform, which you can access here (choose "Exchange Programs / International Internship Program").
If you are unsure whether your institution is a partner of the Internship Program or you do not know the name of the contact person at your institution, please contact internship-international[at]polytechnique.fr.
Before beginning the online application, please prepare the following documents:
- Approval by your home institution
- Detailed résumé
- Statement of purpose in French or in English (including internship subjects or research areas you are interested in, and why you are qualified for these subjects)
- Official transcripts of records including full details of all university-level courses (scanned copies)
- Contact details for two referring professors, who will be contacted automatically by the application platform.
- Scanned copy of your passport
Partner institutions must send their list of preselected candidates to the International Affairs Office before January 20, 2020, via the following email address: internship-international[at]polytechnique.fr before the application deadline (see box on the right)
Each November, the International Affairs Office (DRI) collects the internship subjects from the research facilities at l'X.
The proposed subjects are then published online and the contacts at the partner institutions are informed of the official opening of the application session.
The application period for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 is now closed. Information on the next application session for the Internship Program 2021 will be updated in November
The selection procedure is done according to the following calendar:
- Early December: publication of the internship subjects online and promotion of the Program
- Mid-December: students may begin applying by submitting their application online, in which they indicate up to three internship subjects of interest.
- Mid-January: each partner institution pre-selects 1 to 5 students and sends their nomination letter to École Polytechnique.
- End of January: deadline for the online applications
- Early March: announcement of results to the students and the partner institutions
- During the month of March: the admitted students finalize the details of their stay at l'X, with the support of the DRI (housing, monthly stipend, exact date of arrival and departure, etc.).