The Program is open to both graduate and undergraduate students from partner institutions of École Polytechnique.
If you are unsure whether your institution is a partner of the Internship Program or you do not know the name of the contact person at your institution, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept students enrolled in:
- Bachelor's - 3rd or 4th year
The Program is managed by the International Affairs Office in collaboration with the Vice-Presidency for Research.
Applications may be made using the online application platform, which you can access here (choose "Exchange Programs / International Internship Program").
If you are unsure whether your institution is a partner of the Internship Program or you do not know the name of the contact person at your institution, please contact internship-international[at]polytechnique.fr.
Before beginning the online application, please prepare the following documents:
- Approval by your home institution (the template for this document is available online on the application website and is mandatory)
- Detailed résumé
- Statement of purpose in French or in English (including internship subjects or research areas you are interested in, and why you are qualified for these subjects)
- Official transcripts of records including full details of all university-level courses (scanned copies)
- Contact details for two referring professors, who will be contacted automatically by the application platform.
- Scanned copy of your passport
Partner institutions must send their list of preselected candidates to the International Affairs Office via the following email address: internship-international[at]polytechnique.fr before the application deadline (see box on the right)
Each November, the International Affairs Office (DRI) collects the internship subjects from the research facilities at l'X.
The proposed subjects are then published online and the contacts at the partner institutions are informed of the official opening of the application session.
The selection procedure is done according to the following calendar:
- The week of 14 December 2020: publication of the internship subjects online and promotion of the Program
- 4 January 2021: students may begin applying by submitting their application online, in which they indicate up to three internship subjects of interest.
- 31 January 2021: each partner institution pre-selects 1 to 5 students and sends their nomination letter to École Polytechnique.
- 14 February 2021: deadline for the online applications
- Mid-April: announcement of results to the students and the partner institutions
- During the month of May: the admitted students finalize the details of their stay at l'X, with the support of the DRI (housing, monthly stipend, exact date of arrival and departure, etc.)
- 1 June 2021: possible start of the internship if the situation allows it.