Could you please introduce yourself?
My name is Sara BENYAKHLEF and I’m Moroccan. I pursued the Master degree in Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management at Ecole Polytechnique. I’m currenly working at EDF Renouvelables in France as Project manager of Photovoltaic New Technologies.
Could you please tell us more about your current position?
My main tasks are the following:
- Drive concrete projects using new photovoltaic developing technologies
- Management of international projects for implementing a smart optimal PV O&M strategy in terms of technology, business and strategy
- Provide scientific and technological expertise to Top Management
- Techno-economic support for national and international Photovoltaic projects
- Quality system support: Audit and negotiations
- Develop international and national partnerships with key industry actors and laboratories
What do you like in your work?
- Working at one of the international renewable energy leaders in the world
- International and multicultural dimension of daily work
- Taking part into clean energy projects that contribute to mitigate climate change and reduce carbon footprint
- Leadership and project management of multidisciplinary projects tackling various challenges in terms of technology, business and strategy
- Being at the heart and in the bridge between innovation and operations of the EDF R group
What skills gained during the STEEM program have you been using in your current position?
- Wide range of expertise on renewable energy technologies
- Management skills for projects
- Techno-Economic assessment of project feasibility and profitability
- In-depth knowledge of the economic, social and geopolitical issues related to the renewable energies’ development
Do you think your diploma and the name of Ecole Polytechnique are assets to find a job?
Through the excellence academic and personal experience of this prestigious school, having graduated from it is one of the main assets to find a job. This school offers you a unique experience to become the best version of you. The recruiting market is today very competitive and having graduated from such school gives you all the necessary tools to sharpen your profile and distinguish yourself from other potential candidates.
What memories do you have of your time spent at l'X and in the STEEM program?
The STEEM program was an important and boosting step in my life carrier. I have great memories of the time spent at l’X and in this program. I still remember the great hospitality of all the staff and their warm welcome at the beginning of the program. Whenever you integrate this prestigious school, you automatically become one of its family members. The welcome was so smooth that I felt at my second home from first day.
During the integration week, we visited the main cultural spots of Paris - this was a great memory in which we socially interacted.
Additionally, the campus life and expertise focus at l’X through multidisciplinary seminars hosting international leaders from industry, politics, … To sum up, it’s a high-level dynamic, scientific and cultural hub full of great memories.
What are your ambitions for the future?
I’d like to be part of an international leadership in the renewable energy sector and be able to identify and execute more high-impact and high-visibility initiatives for the global community.